2007年5月15日火曜日

Communicative Activity

Today, I am going to review two of the "typical Japanese junior high school"communicative activities presented in ETM 3. The activities I am going to revieware Karuta and Using movement. You can view them here.
I think Karuta is a useful way to make sure of student's skill of listening and understanding English.
To make this more effective, I want students to make own a pair of card(reading card and picture) . Students can write about themselves following the theme.
After that, teacher gather the cards and hand out to group leader at random.
Then students enjoy playing Karuta in group.
I think students can feel English using is close to them by reading sentences written by them friends.

Also I'm going to think about Using movement.
In the last ETM class, we did pair work.
I think pair work change message game in line of classroom.
First teacher tell theme only first student. Next he/she show the theme to next person, and keep on doing this activity until last person. Finally last person tell what answer is.
I think team play make students excited. Also all of them can join English class with fun by this activity.

3 件のコメント:

Emiko さんのコメント...

I think message game is very interesting and useful for students. And, in ksruta, if students make cards by them selves, students can understand the content more!!I agree with you!
Emiko

hikkun さんのコメント...

Hi, Misato.
karuta is play and study english like a game is interest for student. Not to finish as a game, we should perceive student get something in this activity. You can make a fully worked-out plan.

JH さんのコメント...

Misato,
Would you like to try the message game in our class?JH