2007年6月26日火曜日

How to be a successful English teacher at junior high school

Last day I took Mr. Maruhashi's class. I could learn a lot of things about junior high school and junior high school teacher.

1. In junior high school students and teacher are earnest their club activity. They practice even Saturday and Sunday ( their holiday). So teacher needs some power. Though this seems hard, Mr. Maruhashi said he is happy to spend for a long time with students. I think perhaps club activity is the best way to understand each other (students and teacher).

2. Mr Maruhashi said that teacher's work is changing students. It was very impressive phrase for me. WhenI looked back to my school days, in 50 minutes class I got some new knouledges at least one thing through teacher's speech. But when I slept whole class, I didn't get new information. In other words I didn't change. This is one example. So if you want to be a junior high school teacher, you must try to change students. You should not only make enjoyable class but also give necessary information for students to work in social.

I had some prejudices toward junior high school( for example in jr high school students and teacher play club activity in earnest and students meet rebellious stages etc). Some of them is true and other is not( Students respect their senior etc). In this class I could know real informations and the present condition of junior high school. So Mr. Maruhashi's speech was very interesting for me.
I took this class and I thought I want to get a lot of experience to give students various information.
Let's challenge everything!!

1 件のコメント:

JH さんのコメント...

Misato,
I was glad that this lecture gave you a better idea on the present situation of jr. high schools.
JH